Thursday, September 1, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

Between work and running random errands (and, you know, shopping), I've managed to fit a few things in the past week or so.

First up, some progress on the wedding clutches!  I've got a good mockup of the pleats pattern that I'll be using for the bride's clutch, which is great.  To be honest this pattern is the one I decided to tackle first because it's the most intimidating, and the satin doesn't exactly go nicely into diagonal pleats.

Taking a break from wrestling fabric, tonight I decided to take care of the shoes portion of the wedding project agenda.  I'll have some photos when they're finished, but so far Operation: Ugly Brown shoes to Gorgeous Glitter shoes is looking good.  Zazz had fun playing in the glitter, and is now sporting glitter all over himself.

As a project for myself, I've finished collecting the pieces for my Halloween wreath.  I'm just waiting on Erik to spray-paint the grapevine wreath base to get that started.

Since I do want to add something visual here, this little guy showed up in my mailbox this week!

Gnome!

He's what I received for participating in the International Craft Swap, hosted by Zoe over at  A Giraffe in a Scarf.  I sent my package out last Saturday, but unfortunately don't have any way of knowing if it's gotten to its destination or not yet.  Since this is a new blog, I know there's really no-one reading, but I still want to avoid posting any photos til I know the recipient has it.  I will say that it was a really fun project, I got to test myself doing it and I learned quite a bit about what works (and what doesn't) modifying sewing patterns.

I should actually have the weekend off before three consecutive weeks of out-of-town friends and family visiting, fall activities and, of course, the Big E.  I'm hoping I'll be able to use some of that time to get at least one of these clutch patterns finalized...

No comments:

Post a Comment