Saturday, September 17, 2011

Where'd September go?

Did I ever mention how September looked like it was going to be a crazy busy month?  Well, September is shaping up to be a crazy busy month, indeed.

First things first, now that I know my recipient has received the package, I can post some photos of the project I did for the swap:


DSCN0991


DSCN0993

And before the eyeroll about taking photos against barn wood - that's the side of the building outside my apartment. It's wood, and so is the deck, so it's either barnwood, or asphalt.  Or grass, I suppose...

I've finished the bulk of the paper flowers for J's rehearsal dinner bouquet:


Wrapping Paper Roses

Side views

Silver Rose

Brown Floral Rose

As you can see, they're not exactly the traditional wadded up clumps of tissue paper poked through a paper plate, but they were made from wrapping papers from her shower.  I've got plans for these flowers and the leftover ribbons I've been hoarding.

Other than that, not a ton going on over here in Zazz's Craft Factory.  My brother is up visiting from Kansas City, J just visited this week, and my Aunt us up visiting with my adorable new baby cousin; then there's all the fall things to do, like apple picking and pumpkin carving and the Big E, of course!  I'll be diving back in with the clutches just as soon as things calm down a little bit.

And to cap off the post, I'll leave you with photographic evidence that my cat, Zazz, does approve of both my crafting, and my stealing his name for my blog about crafting:


DSCN1016

He looks just so sad that he can't play with the gluegun, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment